Quick recap on 2010:
- Jan to April - Many clinics and medical departments in Salford (west Manchester)
- April/May - Ash cloud cancelled my placement in Germany. Wrote an essay on limb amputations instead...
- May-July - Mega-research project relating to kidney medicine (abstract hopefully submitted next month - woop!)
- August - Rearranged ash-cloud medical placement in Dresden, Germany, this time without the essay requirement (doppel-woop!)
- September - Clinic with an awesome Christian doctor in lovely Budapest, living with some German PhD students, and making weekend excursions to explore Budapest, Wien/Vienna, Pecs and Kiev. Also the chance to do the saline solution course with some really encouraging Russian/Ukrainian doctors and medical students.
- October - Placement in surgery (Salford hospital), great insight into what a job on the wards will be like next year... potentially manic!
- November - Working at a GP practice in Wigan. Thems very nice pies they make in Wigan.
- December - Anaesthetics/Intensive care in Bolton. Was a really great placement, would love the chance to work in this field post-qualification.
The year to come...
- January - Final exams, find out where I will be working (Preston, Stockport or Oldham), trip to Greece, relocate to Homburg, Germany.
- February to May - Praktikum in Homburg, Saarland. Rotations will include skin/STI, heart, intensive/emergency and digestive medicine [Derm/GUM, Cardio, ITU/A+E, GI]. Good church sighted through a fantastic 'God-incidence'
- May - Return to Manchester to tie up last part of medical degree.
- Summer - A return trip to eastern Europe/Russia in a Christian medical context? (Am open to suggestions!)
Wishing you a really blessed 2011, treasuring all that God has done for you in his son!