Tuesday 10 June 2008

Working at the care home

I've been fortunate in the summer job hunting and have managed to find work at a care home that employed me last summer. I enjoyed working there last year and learnt a great deal - thanks to the chefs I can now do basic cookery! The residents there gave me much to think about, including how conditions such as dementia could affect a Christian's belief in God/Jesus and decision or even ability to live as a follower of Christ.

This morning I went to the wrong building to start off with; thankfully a new colleague drove me to the right place. My first day wasn't too hectic - highlight has to be one of the residents praising the Lord that she was allowed to have a piece of birthday cake. The shifts are quite long and tiring, but offer me many opportunities to honour God through humbling myself, working hard and serving others!

No comments: